BORJOMI - AKHALTSIKHE - FORTRESS RABAT
Today we are going to the famous health resort Borjomi and the unique architectural complex – Akhaltsikhe. Beautiful mountain landscapes, famous natural mineral water, and picturesque city views – that’s what we have in plan for today.
PRIVATE TOUR FOR YOU! JUST CHOOSE THE DAY AND TIME WHICH LOOKS CONVENIENT FOR YOU
Duration: 10-12 hours
Worth taking with you: camera, comfortable shoes
Dates: all the year-round
- Today we are going to the unique natural resort - Borjomi. This is a popular health resort, famous for its mineral water springs, mild climate and fresh air. A small cozy town lies on the banks of the Kura river. It was beloved by the aristocracy in 19th century already, the summer residences of noble people can still be found here. The ancient stone baths were discovered in Borjomi, which means that even many centuries ago the inhabitants knew about the healing properties of Borjomi natural water.
- We will enjoy the mysterious silence of the coniferous forest in the National Park and taste the famous mineral water.
- In Borjomi we will be surrounded by the breathtaking views of the emerald mountains and incredibly fresh air.
- Next we are going to the city of Akhaltsikhe.
- It is situated on both banks of a small river Potskhovi, which separates the city to the old city in the north and the new in the south.
- We are going to the old part of the city, where one can see the great Rabati Castle, built by the Ottomans around a mosque, and St. Marine's Church
- The fortress was rebuilt and renovated not so long ago, and boasts its picturesque city views. From the castle wall one can enjoy the view of amazing mountain landscapes.
- The first military fortifications in Akhaltsikhe was erected by the Ottoman empire in XVI - XVII centuries. Once powerful walls protected the peace of the Pasha and preserved one of the richest libraries of the Muslim East.
- Services of the qualified guide
- The bottle of water for each participant
- Entrance fee to Borjomi National Park – 2 USD
- Entrance fee to Rabat Fortress – 15 USD