DAY TRIP TO KAKHETI. VISIT TO THE GEORGIAN WINERY
Today we’ll go to Kakheti – the region which is famous for traditional wine-making. Here we will visit the monastery Bodbe and explore the picturesque streets Sighnaghi.
PRIVATE TOUR FOR YOU! JUST CHOOSE THE DAY AND TIME WHICH LOOKS CONVENIENT FOR YOU
Duration: 8-10 hours
Worth taking with you: camera
Dates: all the year-round
- Today we will have a fantastic trip to Kakheti, beautiful land famous for its vineyards, rich traditions of winemaking, picturesque landscapes and wide cultural traditions. As soon as we’ll enter this region, the view beneath the window changes, and we can enjoy the pictures of the emerald valleys, cuddled with blue mountains.
- First, we will visit Winery. Here we learn the traditions of Kakhetian wine-making. The process and traditions of wine-making in Georgia have a long history. Georgia is considered to be one of the first countries, where this drink was invented. However, in the present time, new innovative technologies appear. During the excursion around the vineyard, we will discover how the Georgian winemakers combine ancient wine-making traditions and modern innovations in process of producing delicious and exclusive sorts of wine.
- Our next stop will be at the Bodbe Monastery on of the most popular place of pilgrimage in Georgia. One can find here a St. Nino's shrined relics (thanks to her Christianity became the official religion of Georgia in 326). Besides, there is St. Nino's bath where it is possible to plunge into the consecrated water.
- Then we follow our way to Sighnaghi which is called the city of Love. Despite recently carried out restoration, a natural historical view of the town was kept. While wandering around the picturesque city center, and exploring the narrow, cozy streets, we will feel the atmosphere of the last centuries and learn a lot about the history of this place. We will go up the hill, to enjoy the fascinating views of the Alazani Valley and the Caucasus Mountains.
- One of the Sighnagi attractions is the ancient fortress walls, which still can be explored here. The walls do not only offer a nice walk but also present the visitors with a spectacular view.
- Sighnaghi is famous for its museum, which boasts a magnificent collection of archaeological and ethnographic objects. On the 2nd floor, one can find the permanent exhibition of the famous Georgian painter — Niko Pirosmani.
- Afterward we will return back to Tbilisi
- Services of the qualified guide
- The bottle of water for each participant
- Visit winery-10 USD