GORI - UPLISTSIKHE
Today, our way goes to the Shida Kartli region. We’ll explore the unique, mysterious city of Uplistsikhe, one of the oldest settlements in the territory of Georgia. The other point of our excursion will be the Gori city. Gori is known as a native city of Stalin, here we’ll find the museums dedicated to this historical figure.
PRIVATE TOUR FOR YOU! JUST CHOOSE THE DAY AND TIME WHICH LOOKS CONVENIENT FOR YOU
Duration: 8-10 hours
Worth taking with you: camera
Dates: all the year-round
- Our tour will start in the center of Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia. Today we’ll go to the Shida Kartli region.
- Our first stop will be at Gori city. This town is known as the place where Stalin was born and studied.
- There is also a museum dedicated to this historical figure. The museum collection boasts many personal belongings of the leader, including his personal railway carriage.
- Then we’ll prolong our way to the ancient cave city Uplistsikhe.
- This mysterious place is called Uplistsikhe. Its history dates back to the II-I millennium BC.
- In the era of Late Antiquity, it was a thriving and influential religious, political and cultural center. We will walk along the streets carved into the rock, pass magnificent cave temples, halls, dwellings and utility rooms.
- People finally abandoned this settlement only in the 19th century AD. Ages ago this amazing city consisted of more than 700 underground premises, but only 150 have reached our days.
- Afterward, we’ll return back to Tbilisi.
- Services of the qualified guide
- The bottle of water for each participant
- Entrance fee to the Stalin State Museum – 15 USD
- Entrance fee to the Uplistsikhe – 7USD